Weekly Discussion, Hero

Official forum for all things related to NoMoshing's Harem Collector.

What do you think?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:00 am

Love
14%
33%
Neutral
33%
Dislike
14%
Hate
5%

Total votes : 21

Weekly Discussion, Hero

Postby orifalcon » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:00 am

Welcome to another Weekly Discussion! Who do you love? Who do you hate? Who do you love to hate? Vote here and leave your thoughts below!

This week we’re talking about the man himself, the chaotic-neutral protagonist of the story, the Hero! While his name may vary, his desire for a Harem of his own never changes. With 27 women already “collected,” Hero is well on his way to his goal of the sacred number of 151. He has gone to great lengths to purchase, steal, or otherwise secure the loyalty of humans, elves, catgirls, ghosts, and more, and doesn’t seem to be slowing down. While always on the lookout for new acquisitions, he certainly takes the time to enjoy what he has through over 100 sexy scenes.

Harem membership is not always required for Hero, as players can choose some optional encounters with unfortunate maids, werewolves, and noble ladies. We also get to see Hero’s softer side in the numerous “love quests” in game, with more to come in the future. With two different combat modes, Hero can act as a provider of buffs or a tank, but often lets the ladies in his party shine the brightest. He’s certainly come a long way from the bakery.

So, what do you think of your Hero?
orifalcon

Re: Weekly Discussion, Hero

Postby Omnibomb » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:04 am

hero is a badass with a harem, ofc I love him
Omnibomb

Postby ZeraAzimuth » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:07 am

Okay, so this is an interesting thought. I was exepcting the hero to show up eventually, and wanted to think about it... And ive realized how much i really hate the hero. Now, his personality is hilarious at times, but its just something about him that REALLY grates me, and i think its because i now see more of his facial expressions, especially in the new art. (Which i love the new art, at least Yama's.)

I dunno, i just really dont like him as much as i used to, maybe its ring-rust on my end, not having played in a while. But yeah, the hero is getting a hate vote from me.

(Also i really REALLY hate that Yama might take his last name, YAMAMAYA BAKER SOUNDS SO FUCKING WRONG ITS SICK >.<)
All hail the cat goddess! Yamamaya-sama!! ^_^
Currently running a dnd style game for "Glacier"
Currently eating: lots of candy
Writing a story! Check it out sometime~
ZeraAzimuth

Postby scro » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:17 am

He's got the right general Rance-like disposition for a proper erogame. There are occasions I might want to smack him around but those aren't too common. Overall I'm reasonably happy with him. I'm voting 'Like'.
scro

Postby Cazador » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 am

Sometimes he's too cocky or too stupid for his own good. He's often saved by the plot or by hentai logic. He's a bit of an immature jock. There are times when he might as well be a penis (now that I think of that, it would actually be pretty funny).

That being said, I love it when the protagonist is the main source of conflict, as he often is. Feels like playing someone interesting with a real agency. (Instead of when the vilain is the one with agency and the hero is just reacting to it.) If providing for that means he's entitled to some quantity of jerkness, then so be it.
Cazador

Postby Seil » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:18 am

Dislike, leaning hate.
Because, you are... a puppet.
Seil

Postby GolemGaming55 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:31 am

I think he's less rance and more aster and kazuma

that being said I love his personality but hate his artwork, I guess it's a weird fetish of mine that I dislike seeing another character non faceless character in my hentai hmmm
GolemGaming55

Postby Manarkin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:51 pm

He's funny, but he is also a complete POS, but him being a horrible person is necessary for the game. I have to go with neutral. He burns down farms because he is an adult who still hates veggies, so he is pretty hard to respect, no matter how kick-ass he otherwise is.
Fight like a killer ostrich, chill out like a weird daydreamer.
Manarkin

Postby GolemGaming55 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 am

he doesn't have to be a horrible person he could still achieve his harem by trying to win the girls over instead of using underhanded tactics and kidnapping
GolemGaming55

Return to Harem Collector