[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
badkittygames.net • View topic - Iron Waifu Grand Tourney 2017

Iron Waifu Grand Tourney 2017

Official forum for all things related to NoMoshing's Harem Collector.

Re: Iron Waifu Grand Tourney 2017

Postby Seil » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:43 am

Some thoughts.
I am wholly unsurprised by this year's Iron Waifu.
Some real surprises were that Meline lost to Renfeld, and 'dine actually made it to the finals.
I think that having a popularity contest mixed with "the winner gets more content" is kind of counterproductive and... maybe disruptive. Especially that last post regarding what each winner would get. Maybe it didn't swing the votes too hard, but i think results would have been a little bit diferent otherwise.
Because, you are... a puppet.
Seil

Postby Zedrankel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:06 am

Zedrankel

Postby FelliSpirit » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 am

So Secretary-chan won, huh?
Well, I was close enough with declaring Birgandine as tournament winner before it started. And thanks to the anouncement for the final 8's rewards, I can look into the future with anticipation.

Hope everyone can enjoy the threesome. Personally I'm not a fan of those, unless they are mainly of comedic nature. As a LQ scene I find it a bit unfitting, but to each their own.
Larelle - Parasol

(reminder in case NM forgot the idea he liked)
FelliSpirit

Postby orifalcon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:28 am

While it leads to conflicting motivations for voting, the content rewards also spike interest in the tournament, the game itself, and provide feedback on what players are looking forward to most. I also felt that the write ups created a shift heading into the home stretch, and helped Brigandine the most by solidifying the mechanics>personality crowd behind her already popular character, but I don’t think it changed the eventual winner.

A straight-up popularity poll wouldn’t be nearly as interesting or useful, and I appreciated the tweak to the rules at the outset to try and help the LQ girls even if this didn’t seem to lift the stigma of being a “completed” character. If done again next year, a more prominent description of the “prize” and how it affects LQ girls, non-harem characters, and so on would be useful.

Fun Facts
-Penelope is the only entrant to have been eliminated by the same character in both contests (Yamamaya).
-On the other hand, Kyrie and Renfeld got revenge, eliminating the girls that beat them last year (Raina and Meline, respectively).
-Doll was most improved, going from a first round exit to the final four with a 120 vote increase.
-Of the seven new entrants this year, only Nerys won her first round matchup.
-Shally, Jonagold, Elaiya, Serade, and Gargan are the characters with a record of 0-2.
-In both tournaments, Violet and Brigandine were eliminated by the eventual champion.
-If patterns hold, next year Brigandine (the runner-up) will win by beating Kyrie (the Champion's toughest match) in the finals ;) .
orifalcon

Postby NoMoshing » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Please understand, the Iron Waifu tournament isn't meant to be just a straight-up popularity poll. The themed update for the winner was part of the contest's design from the start, and this year Therese was removed from the running precisely because she was most popular last year.

The intent of this contest is to let fans participate in determining the future content for the game in a fun and engaging way. That's why it's presented as a single-elimination tournament. If it was just a straight-up popularity poll, there are far more effective ways of conducting such a poll that doesn't involve things like strategic voting and random seeding.

Currently Playing: Darkest Dungeon
Currently Working on: Skating along the edge of panic
Current Waifu: Kaguya Shinomiya, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
NoMoshing
Site Admin

Postby Seil » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Because, you are... a puppet.
Seil

Postby slickrcbd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 am

slickrcbd

Postby slickrcbd » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 am

One other question, I thought there was supposed to be a bonus round of Alina vs Therese today, but I couldn't find the poll.
Was I mistaken, or hasn't it run yet?
slickrcbd

Postby 2095conash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:30 am

community manager and admin, feel free to for any comments, questions, or concerns.

I guess I get a mod voice now too. Cool. If you see me using this someone dun goofed.
2095conash

Postby NoMoshing » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 am

Currently Playing: Darkest Dungeon
Currently Working on: Skating along the edge of panic
Current Waifu: Kaguya Shinomiya, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War
NoMoshing
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Harem Collector