[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
badkittygames.net • View topic - Lobbying for Serade

Lobbying for Serade

Official forum for all things related to NoMoshing's Harem Collector.

Lobbying for Serade

Postby ShadowCluster » Wed May 03, 2017 8:58 am

Last edited by ShadowCluster on Wed May 03, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I make resources. (v0.35.9)

ShadowCluster

Re: Lobbying for Serade

Postby Caymerra » Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am

hmm :/ .... so to summarize if i understand correctly , you want serade to win because this will make the game evolve further
i dont know what NM plans to do with non-party characters but i'm pretty sure he didn't ignore them .... though your piece will maybe give him more things to think about ....
i dont disagree with your point but it seems like u want a big change to happen immediately or at least the next few updates which is kinda hard or will probably delay more important stories ....but it is something worth thinking about
Caymerra = Chimera , just so you know that's how i spelled it when i was a kid and i kinda still like to use it everywhere @_@
Caymerra

Postby Major Malinger » Wed May 03, 2017 2:14 pm

I'm just not into christmas cakes. I do on the other hand appreciate your zeal. I guess on deconstructing your arguments in a more...legal(?) fashion; everything you said is supposition so I'd rather vote for a girl I already like rather than one who's love quest might make me like her.
Huh, well I'll be.
Major Malinger

Postby ShadowCluster » Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 pm

To address your points, yes this is speculation on my part. However, I do have some points to back them up, and there are others in the community (min-maxers) that share the same sentiment I have about Serade in terms of gameplay. NoMoshing wants to add in a bit more of her 'personality' when away from her kids in the vacation. This is low priority at the moment and voting for Serade will bring it up. Penelope's own Love Quest is a decent way of looking at what could happen for a non-party harem member.

Every love quest other than a non-harem character is likely to delay the important story. Unless you feel an individual harem member's story is 'important', then I am guessing you are voting with that in mind. Therefore, I support you voting with such things in mind if that is what you are looking for.

Voting for your favourite character to like them more is probably the best reason to partake in this tournament. I know several in this community that adamantly love (the idea) of some characters, and are lobbying it for themselves.

So here is a proposition: Serade is the least popular character. Therefore, if she does win to the semi or grand finals, then your own character that you back has the best chance to win, statistically. If you believe your favourites can win against Serade, then bring the competition to the point where it can and will happen.

And a the greatest upset in history... don't you want to see that?

ShadowCluster

Postby Manarkin » Wed May 03, 2017 8:59 pm

You have me sold, sir. Serade really does seem like a character that would be interesting to know more about, and you have provided good reasons of your own. I will vote Serade over anyone but Doll(my waifu). Good Luck.
Fight like a killer ostrich, chill out like a weird daydreamer.
Manarkin

Postby ShadowCluster » Wed May 03, 2017 9:42 pm

ShadowCluster

Postby ZeraAzimuth » Wed May 03, 2017 11:55 pm

While i admire your will and determination, I dont really play that deep into games. Having the 'meta switched' with things that conash does.... doesnt really interest me. But i do still like her and would like to know more, but not more so than most characters. (Youll get a vote over characters like raina and shally though) Sorry!
All hail the cat goddess! Yamamaya-sama!! ^_^
Currently running a dnd style game for "Glacier"
Currently eating: lots of candy
Writing a story! Check it out sometime~
ZeraAzimuth

Postby ShadowCluster » Thu May 04, 2017 12:39 am

Don't worry about it, I'll probably have the same response if you were to push Yamamaya.

I'm one of those voters influenced by the presence of love quests and care for the result of the competition than the competition itself. Everyone votes for their own reasons.

One thing I would like you to consider, at least, is what is best for the community than the individual.

I believe Serade winning will benefit the community more than Yamamaya, Therese or Brigandine. Of course this tournament as a popularity contest is to show who wants 'more' of a character, so statistically, if the majority vote one character, then they will give the most. Therefore, I am proposing an alternate meaning to this competition: "Who do you want NoMoshing to work on next?"

I concluded Serade is the best with this in mind.

Edit'd.

ShadowCluster

Postby Saika » Fri May 05, 2017 2:42 am

I'll be honest, the idea of changing the meta holds no appeal for me. Eventually the game will be done and the "meta" will be solved. Unless I'm misunderstanding, the winner isn't getting anything extra, just getting her stuff done sooner. So I don't see any reason to not treat it like the popularity contest that it is. I get what you're getting at, I just also think that what you're getting at isn't actually worth the effort put into it. I'd rather vote for who's content I personally would like to see sooner, rather than some nebulous "for the good of the community" when it's all just a matter of *when* rather than what.

Now, if I am misunderstanding and the winner gets some bonus content they normally would not, you've got a better case...except then the rewards for backing the person I actually want to see more of also becomes larger and more than cancels that out.

That said, I'm going to vote for Serade over Bronwyn and most likely Larelle anyway(boo Elaiya's getting dunked in the first round again, she's one of my favorites too! ;_; ) but if she hits 'dine in the quarterfinals then that's where my support stops~
"Nobody out derps NoMoshing!" - NoMoshing, 2017
Saika

Postby ShadowCluster » Fri May 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Glad to have your support for the next 2 weeks.

You are correct in the way the winner gets their content (Love Quest or otherwise) or their friends' one put to the top of the priority list. Therefore, the points you are making are also valid.

I am using the term 'meta' as a blanket term for the micro and macro part of the game, but I am specifically talking about time management when it comes to how Serade will change it.
The same way new gear can change the way you fight; these small changes to the 'meta' are what keep the game more fresh. If I understand your point, then you do not care about the changes at all because all content is already planned. Everyone can enjoy the game the way they want, but for me and many, the small changes in the 'meta' help us enjoy the game at each new release.

And for looking at it as a popularity contest, you are correct you can disregard everything I've said and treat it as such. It is just a prolonged single elimination tournament to decide who wins based on 'popularity'. Every individual votes on their own terms and a trend will form to give a representation on how popular each character is. What I am advertising is to throw away individual bias for an idea. The idea that we can overturn the tournament for our own gain.

I cannot lobby Serade as your favourite character, since I know she isn't.
I know many don't hate her, because there isn't much to hate.
I know many don't love her, because there isn't much to love.
This is all I can do.

Serade: "It's good to be nice. Isn't that enough?"

ShadowCluster

Next

Return to Harem Collector