Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the succubus have her wings on her butt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why does the succubus have her wings on her butt

    Just a thought

  • #2
    Same Reason why Light glows in Firefly's Butt

    SPOILER idk

    Comment


    • #3
      To draw attention to her butt.

      Comment


      • #4
        In celebration of certain other video game characters who have hip/butt wings.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1081Click image for larger version  Name:	Gwendolyn.(Odin.Sphere).full.25111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	1083
        Currently Playing: Mega Man X
        Currently Working On: New Quest
        Current Waifu: Mikoto Yamato, Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by NoMoshing View Post
          In celebration of certain other video game characters who have hip/butt wings.

          Click image for larger version Name:	images.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1081Click image for larger version Name:	Gwendolyn.(Odin.Sphere).full.25111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	1083
          Ahhh still impracticle though

          Comment


          • #6
            Any humanoid body would require extremely large wings to generate enough lift, to the point I'd be unwieldy. Birds have lighter everything to enable flight, while humans are as dense as water. If you wanted practical wings on a person, you'd either shrink the person, or make the wings so much larger. Moving the wings up to torso or shoulder height wouldn't fix anything here, and there is also the argument that a person's centre of mass is more around their waist. Same with dragons. they would need to be much thinner and weaker if they could fly with their own lift.

            That's where magic fixes everything. It isn't impractical because magic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Outside of practicality, it looks silly. Even if these characters are popular, I doubt it's because of buttwings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                Outside of practicality, it looks silly. Even if these characters are popular, I doubt it's because of buttwings.
                I agree with you, the ass wings look stupid.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ShadowCluster View Post
                  Any humanoid body would require extremely large wings to generate enough lift, to the point I'd be unwieldy. Birds have lighter everything to enable flight, while humans are as dense as water. If you wanted practical wings on a person, you'd either shrink the person, or make the wings so much larger. Moving the wings up to torso or shoulder height wouldn't fix anything here, and there is also the argument that a person's centre of mass is more around their waist. Same with dragons. they would need to be much thinner and weaker if they could fly with their own lift.

                  That's where magic fixes everything. It isn't impractical because magic.
                  Well I mean butterflies seem to manage

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GolemGaming55 View Post

                    Well I mean butterflies seem to manage
                    I am guessing you are referring to the first statement, though I wouldn't know since you quoted the entire thing. Butterflies have large wings to their body, and I guess you can possibly justify the ratio given the larger moths we see. However, scaling it up doesn't work due to what you're scaling. Mass scales as (O^3) and wings scale as (O^2). The amount of lift they need to generate will be outpacing the lift they can. Birds get around this issue by sacrificing mass in their bones and other areas. That's why giant insects you may see in various horror-survival stories don't work, due to the issues with mass and lift.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ShadowCluster View Post
                      That's why giant insects you may see in various horror-survival stories don't work, due to the issues with mass and lift.
                      Makes it even better. Give them clearly anomalous behavior / properties and have a character comment on how they're not supposed to be able to fly (or even to stand, for spiders). That would make them even more creepy.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X