The Last Sovereign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kargan3033 View Post
    You know I always said Robin was a bird, a *Red Breasted* Robin given the way she blushes LOL
    Haha, no pun intended.

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
    Only Fucklord stuff? Well, maybe this update deals with the FL and the next will deal with the Lustlord. Have to admit I'm much more eager for a conflict against the LL, the way it's been presented so far. Then again we've been waiting to bitchslap the FL for ages, seems normal to give him a full update.
    This update is the first part of the event that will conclude the entire chapter, but as for the focus... you'll find out. ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Lee View Post
      Haha, no pun intended.
      The pun was intended, but all joking aside I find Robin to be adorable along with Qum, hmm the two of them and Simon in bed together would be fun or just Robin and Qum *playing* together would be interesting because it's clear from the interaction between the two that Robin is not all that sure of what to make of Qum.

Comment

• Cazador
        Cazador commented
        Editing a comment
        Heh, Robin needs to learn to relax with the harem, and Qum might be a good place to start.

Cazador

I agree that Robin needs to relax within the harem and I'm sure Yarra wouldn't mind helping with that along side Qum.

Comment

There's a scene with both Robin and Qum, actually. Sounds like you have something to look forward to. ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Lee View Post
          There's a scene with both Robin and Qum, actually. Sounds like you have something to look forward to. ^-^
          SWEET!, thank you for your hard work and the hard work of your team.

Comment

The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:
            https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot....c-release.html

Check the blog for links, update notes, and everything else! Steam version will update as soon as I get it done.

Comment

Tbh I find Tower stuff much more repetitive than another "classic" war would be. All Tower dungeons look the same, with floating "islands" and parallax backgrounds. They also feel the same, since it's often the same mechanisms and similar enemies. I hoped for a more classic war in order to have variation from all that Tower stuff, and was a bit disappointed that you made heavy use of the Tower as a way to make this war different from the previous ones.

Comment

I'm sorry you feel that detracts from the experience. While I put a lot more effort into the Tower maps than normal ones, you're right that they have the same basic model. But with this one I really tried to add something new with the directional teleports, and I built a new set of enemies from scratch to make use of the unusual party and make lesser used strategies more viable.

Comment

Oh yeah the fights are great. The mimic's a great touch btw, I was genuinely surprised.

The directional teleports probably took much more time to create than what it takes for the average player to get through them tho. They feel like a touch, without changing much to the overall Tower feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
                    The directional teleports probably took much more time to create than what it takes for the average player to get through them tho. They feel like a touch, without changing much to the overall Tower feel.
                    The latter statement is fair. Regarding the former, I'm afraid that's true of pretty much everything...

Comment

The update is out for patrons, and it's a huge one! Rather than divide the end of the war into two more updates, I decided to go with a double update that resolves almost everything.

All those new threads and surprises last update? Your party will be splitting up to handle them, including some new locations... and some familiar ones:

You'll also get to participate in the Ghenalese front of the war:

And of course it wouldn't be a TLS update without some lore, including some that you may not be expecting:

It's no fun to screenshot strategic decisions, but expect to make a lot of them as the war concludes.

There were also be some more surprises. I couldn't screenshot a lot of things because I didn't want to throw around spoilers. ^-^

Though this update doesn't completely wrap up the chapter, it will resolve all the major threads involved in the war.

Due to the size and complexity of this update, it will definitely spend two weeks in beta testing. It will be followed by a shorter update for investments, some final resolutions, and the end of chapter interlude. More about that later!

Comment

The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:
                        https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot....c-release.html

Check the blog for links, update notes, and everything else!

Comment

I really enjoyed this update, so let me give you some positive feedback.

Like everyone, I'm happy that there was some payoff during the war for the airships. I'm happy for the introduction of new characters, especially that cool mage orc. Grabbing Grubbak being acknowledged in-game is always a nice touch.

Yay for Balia character development. Honestly, Balia is the worst girl. She was collected because it's convenient but she doesn't have a personality outside of her role, and didn't have a sense of connection to the rest of the harem either. But that blanket stuff? That's heartwarming, and exactly what she needs.

While we're at it, Dari's also a bit undeveloped, and it was also nice to see her get some background, although it was expected given the location. The Yarra-Aka stuff was great, as was the milf haremette not taking part in the orgy. And I'm happy that Iris is still presented positively despite being quite the ethnonationalist, it balances things a bit.

The Fucklord torture choice is also really appreciated. I was tired of "choices" that were more about compromising and prioritizing, like at Gawnfall. The solution to compromise choices is to minmax fucking everything to get most of the stuff you want, it doesn't actually involve much ethical thinking. But the torture choice was genuinely about ethics, and that's great.

I also appreciate the amazing diversity of map designs and gameplay types. Investments, maze, negotiations, fronts... the war really felt more chaotic. Same thing with the multiple Fucklord fights. Even the ending with the shard shattering. By the way, it's a great opportunity to have some cool encounters, I hope collecting them won't be skipped between the chapters.

And another thing, thanks for clarifying the dialogue with Ambassador Uolian and removing Tanurak's pompoms, since I was among the ones who complained about them.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I put effort into so many different elements of each update, it's always nice to know when some of the less dramatic points are appreciated. ^-^

The cast is, honestly, larger than it should be by conventional writing standards. My plans for the whole game try to give everyone a moment of some kind, at least.

Throughout TLS I've tried to do various things regarding player choice. The torture choice was another angle, and I know there are definitely people who dislike it, but I hope it at least provides an interesting piece to the game.

I'm glad you appreciated the diversity of this update, because that was definitely what I was going for. As for the shards... while I don't intend to make players go on fetch quests for them all, rest assured that the shattering happened for narrative reasons that I hope people will find compelling later.

Re: Tanurak - Yeah, I always thought those pompoms looked silly, I just have limited bandwidth and didn't get an edited version in time.

Comment

Working...
                            X